For my first official NaBloPoMo post, here are 20 things I love. The list is not all-inclusive, of course. You are free to draw your own conclusions:
1. My beautiful wife, The Redhead. She is the best thing that ever happened to me.
2. My faith. God has bestowed upon me more joy and blessings than any man could hope for.
3. My family.
4. My friends. You know who you are.
5. Spending a lazy Sunday with The Redhead. ‘Nuff said.
6. Reading a good book. Biographies, history, and current events, but I also dabble in the classics from time to time.
7. Fountain pens. There is nothing like the feel of a smooth nib on good paper. And I write infinitely better with a fountain pen. I always carry one with me.
8. America. Despite all our problems, we are still the greatest political experiment ever undertaken.
9. Making a difference in my community.
10. Music, especially classical music. I love Beethoven, and I love attending St. Louis Symphony concerts! I also like classic rock and big band jazz.
11. Travel and exploring new places. Here, there, and everywhere.
12. Food, especially Italian. And a good steak.
13. Single-malt scotch. The Balvenie is my favorite, but any good brand will do.
14. Old movies. It doesn’t really matter what kind. They are just better than the crap Hollywood is putting out these days.
15. Ice cream. Who doesn’t like ice cream?
16. Learning new things and new skills.
17. Sleep. I don’t get enough! And coffee, lots of coffee.
18. Beer. I have rarely met a beer I didn’t like.
19. Reading the newspaper daily and keeping up with current events.
20. A big, bold cabernet with a chunk of real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Dee-licious!